I am recruiting on behalf of a key client based in the South East, they are the largest independent BMS systems house in the South East of England and have an orderbook of prestigious projects to deliver until 2020 & counting.
What am I looking for?
I am looking for an experienced Senior BMS Design Engineer who can demonstrate strong leadership skills, extensive AUTOCAD skills, competence and attention to detail. You will be from a BMS or HVAC background ideally working on AUTOCAD with exposure to electrical wiring diagrams.
Location & Territory
This role will require you to work from the office in South London with occasional travel within the M25 & Home Counties attending various sites. These include high-end residential homes, large multipurpose sites, commercial buildings, hospitals and universities.
What the role requires?
The role of BMS Senior Design Engineer will require you to undertake the following responsibilities on a daily basis:
• Create clear and precise documentation
• Check and approve CAD engineer’s drawings
• Submit RFIs and Technical Submittals to client, ensure receipt of a clear response and subsequent incorporation of any changes into the design documentation
• To identify to the Project Manager any design changes
• Ensure design is completed in time to meet deadlines for approval, CAD and manufacture
• Raise Requests For Information (RFIs) or Technical Submittals (TS) to clarify any ambiguities or gain approval of necessary design changes suggested by
• Produce documentation to record and support the design of the system, ie. valve schedules, point schedules, description of operation, etc.
• Ensure all documentation shows project details and that the latest revision is clearly identified
• To provide technical support to CAD engineers
• To complete timesheets weekly and submit for job-costing at the beginning of every week
What you can expect back
My client are passionate about getting each of their Engineers trained up to Trend Expert level along with the highest level obtained with the Distech and Delta system. If at any time you wish to progress your career and move onto Projects or Operations this will be fully supported and all training will be provided.
• Basic salary £50k - £60k
• Company pension
• Mobile phone, Laptop
• Private healthcare
• Car or car allowance
• Manufacturer training and accreditations (Delta, Trend Expert & Distech)
• Personal development plan and progression into senior roles.